Families and Children
Brighton Center Inc. (859) 491-8303

  • Organization that works with individuals and families to reach self-sufficiency through family support services, education, employment, and leadership. Emergency services include rental assistance, food, utility assistance, clothing, prescription assistance, bus tokens, diapers, household items, and prescriptions for glasses, with some restrictions.


Catholic Social Services of Northern Kentucky (859) 581-8974

  • Catholic Charities helps individuals and families emotionally, financially, and physically with collaboration with social service organizations in the community. Provides adoption services, education and support to parents, includes housing development services, individual and family counseling, social advocacy and community building, and substance abuse services.



Children's Advocacy Center (859) 442-3200

  • The center provides services to children (0-17) who have been sexually abused, severely physically abused, and/or children who have witnessed violent crimes. Services are also offered to their non-offending caregivers, siblings, family members, and professionals throughout Northern Kentucky.



Child Care Services (859) 781-3511

  • For additional child care resources or to help find child care in your area.


Children's Home of Northern Kentucky (859) 261-8768

  • For more information or questions concerning substance use disorder treatment specifically designed for youth recovering from addiction, programs for youth who have mental health needs, residential addiction treatment care, private child care (PCC) residential care, therapeutic day school, and therapeutic recreation.


First Steps (877) 417-8377

  • early intervention system that provides services to children with developmental disabilities from birth to age 3 and their families. First Step offers comprehensive services through a variety of community agencies and service disciplines.


Redwood School & Rehabilitation Center (859) 331-0880

  • For children and adults with disabilities. Provides education, therapeutic services, early intervention, pre-school, and before and after youth programs.


211 United Way- Greater Cincinnati (513) 721-7900

  • To speak to a trained professional who can connect you to essential community services. There is an additional database with local resources and contact information for service providers. 


Health Services- Every county and region has a health department that offers most of the medical services that you and your grandchild will need. For example, the health department is a valuable resource to get your grandchild up to date on immunizations to enroll in school, for sports physicals, or for food vouchers. Most health departments have other helpful programs and offer applications for public assistance programs like WIC.


  • Boone County Health Center (859) 341-4264 or (859) 363-2060

  • Campbell County Health Center (859) 431-1704

  • Carroll County Health Center (502) 732-6641

  • Dressman Health Center (859) 431-3345

  • Gallatin County Health Center (859) 567-2844

  • Grant County Health Center (859) 824-5074

  • HealthPoint Family Care (859) 655-6100

  • Kenton County Health Department (859) 431-3345

  • Northern Kentucky Independent District Health Department (859) 341-4264

  • Owen County Health Center (502) 484-5736

  • Pendleton County Health Center (859) 654-6985

  • Three Rivers Health Department (502) 484-3412

For information on Medicaid, contact one of the Medicaid Member Managed Care Organization

  • Aetena Better Health of Kentucky (855) 300- 5528

  • Anthem (855) 690- 7784

  • Humana CareSource (855) 852-7005

  • Passport Health Plan (800) 578-0603

  • WellCare of Kentucky (877) 389-9457

Counseling Services
Alcoholics Anonymous Northern Kentucky Central Office (859) 491-7181

  • Offers support groups throughout the the Campbell County and Kenton County area at various times and locations.


Commonwealth Counseling Service (513) 922-1660

  • Provides counseling and support for children, adolescents, adults, families, marriages, and substance abuse. Note: Medicare is accepted.


Drug Abuse Rehabilitation

  • Northern Kentucky Drug Abuse Rehabilitation provides various resources for individuals with dependency on pills or alcohol. This resource offers facilities to help you or a loved one connect with rehabilitation to get the top-rated help available. 


Family Nurturing Center (859) 525-3200

  • Offers parenting classes, counseling, and supervised visitation.


Family Service (859)-291-1121

  • Provides counseling for individuals, families, marriages, anger management, and substance abuse assessment. Note: there is a sliding scale fee and/or private insurance is also accepted.



Holly Hill Child & Family Solutions (859) 442-8500

  • For more information on assistance with individualized support for children and families, community support, case management, supervised visitation, therapy services, or residential treatment.


Inner Pathways (859) 342-6552

  • Provides counseling services for children, teens, adults, and seniors; specializes in women's issues, bipolar disorder, and ADHD.


Mental Health Association of Northern Kentucky (859) 431-1077

  • For information on depression, bipolar disorder, and other mental health issues or for referrals and support.


North Key Community Care Counseling Center (859) 331-3292

  • Provides information and support for mental health, retardation, alcoholism, and drug abuse services to adults and children.


Positive Pathways (859) 746-9272

  • Counseling for children, adolescents, adults, seniors. There are also various group therapy services available. Note: a sliding scale fee is available.


Recovery Network of Northern Kentucky (859) 431-2134

  • Provides information and support for mental illness, substance abuse and homelessness. Also, offers job placement assistance, resume and interview help, computer training, support groups, and social activities


Therapeutic Collaborative (859) 572-0400

  • Provides psychiatry and therapy. Specializes in children, adolescents, and families. Note: Medicaid is accepted.


Food Assistance
Be Concerned (859) 291-6789

  • Provides groceries and toiletries to low income families weekly. In addition, you can shop by appointment at the food pantry. Also, offers clothing assistance.


Brighton Center-Choice Food Pantry (859) 491-8303

  • Provides food pantry services to families in Northern Kentucky. To receive services, individuals must show proof of income, a picture ID or Social Security card, and proof of residency. Individuals can get food once a month. Also, offers clothing assistance.



St. Vincent DePaul (859) 341-3219

  • Provides food and utility assistance to residents in Northern Kentucky. To receive services, individuals must show a picture ID, Social Security card, and a utility bill if they need assistance with utilities. Also offers clothing assistance. In addition, provides medications and medical equipment free of charge to those unable to pay.


United Ministries (859) 727-0300

  • Provides access to food pantry services. Note: the service area is limited to Boone, Campbell, and Kenton counties (excludes cities of Covington, Ludlow, Bromley, Latonia, Newport, Alexandria, and Highland Heights). Also, offers clothing assistance.


Welcome House of Northern Kentucky (859) 431-8717

  • Food pantry support to Northern Kentucky residents. Provides and distributes hygiene items, cleaning supplies, etc.


Legal Resources

Children's Law Center, Inc. (859) 431-3313

  • Non-profit legal service center protecting the rights of children and youth in education, juvenile justice, children experiencing homelessness, children in need of protection, and more. 


Legal Aid of the Bluegrass 1 (800) 928-4556 or (859) 233-4556

  • Provides legal counsel in civil cases for person with low income; coordinates Senior Benefits Counseling Program


Northern Kentucky Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service (859) 781-1300